Monday 1 December 2014

Review: Revlon Colourburst Lip Balm Stains

For a long time, I have been in search for a lip product that would stay put all day long and require no touch ups. Numerous products have been released that claim to have so and so many hours of wear, but there's the rare few that actually do hold true to its claims. The Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm Stains are definitely one of those from the rare gems!


(L - R) Sultry, Unapologetic, Whimsical and Elusive
I have 3 matte balms (Elusive, Unapologetic and Sultry) and 1 lacquer balm (Whimsical). The matte balms are highly pigmented, super creamy and non-drying. This is one of the reasons why I love them so much as most of the matte lip products in the market can be very drying and flakey on the lips. On the other hand, the lacquer balm is more glossy and less opaque than the matte balms. I find that they don't particularly stain the lips as well as the matte balms do. I love the whole chubby crayon concept that these colorburst balm stains have. It makes application so much more easier! The outer packaging is somewhat true to colour, but when applied on lips, it may look different. These balms all have the minty smell when applied at first, but go away after a while. I personally like the scent, but it may bother some people.

Whimsical can be described as a berry tone, with a slight purple tint to it. What I don't really like about this one though is that it does have chunky glitter that shows up distinctly on the lips. The matte balms are AMAZING! Elusive is a cooler toned pink that may not suit darker skin tones. On lighter skin however, it would be the perfect pinky nude or a MLBB (my lips but better) shade. The reason I got Sultry in the first place is because I thought it would be the perfect "Kylie Jenner lip colour" that is currently going viral around the world. Sultry is a very 90's shade but slightly more on the pink side. I love this colour for days when I don't want a bright or bold lip! The last colour has got to be the perfect summer lip colour - Unapologetic is a bright coral pink that will suit almost all skin tones. I did find this balm to be more patchy than the other two and did tend to stick to dry areas on my lips. I blotted the patchy areas with my fingers and found this to work well with making it look much more smoother. If you do have dry or cracked lips and still want to wear this gorgeous colour, a good lip scrub would help!   

Lip Swatches:

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Elusive

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Sultry

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Unapologetic
Coffee Kiss Rating: 8 out of 10

These balms are currently on special at Clicks for Buy one get one free!! Get yours soon before the offer ends!

Kisses,
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment