Thursday 18 December 2014

Review: Sorbet Skincare

Did someone say Sorbet?? No no no silly, not the yummy frozen dessert, the new beauty salon brand! This beauty salon has taken South Africa by storm in recent years and has now released their very own skin care line. So when I heard about this, I had to try out some products for myself! Here's what I got:


1. Pore Your Heart Out Facial Brush


Facial brushes have finally reached our shores! There are now a variety of facial brushes to choose from: the Clarisonic (launching at Stuttafords in January), Clinique, Olay, Foreo, Braun and D-Quip facial brush. However, I decided to test out the Sorbet facial brush as its not as expensive than the others and looked promising. Boy was I right!!! The brush comes with 3 heads - daily cleansing (white and grey bristles), exfoliating (white bristles) and a sensitive brush head (silicone bristles). My personal fave is the sensitive head as its not too abrasive on the skin and almost feels like I'm giving my face a massage! The brush comes with a USB charging cable and a stand/ storage pod for the unused brush heads. Another major plus side about this brush? It only retails for R250!! This definitely gets a thumbs up from me!


PS. Remember, don't over brush your face!!! It may cause more harm than good if you use the facial brush for too long. Keep the brush for approximately 10-15 seconds on each area of your face.


2. Salon Skin Daily Skin Polish


I decided to give this exfoliator a try because for some reason, it reminded me of the daily microfoliant from Dermalogica. This exfoliator contains salicylic acid, vitamin A, C and E, essential oils and rice powder to micro-exfoliate dead skin off and bring out that radiant and brighter skin! It is in powder form and needs to be dissolved with a bit of water to form a paste. I instantly noticed results with this product and have to say that it delivers true to word! The one important  note I had read on the box is that when using this product, it is imperative to apply sunscreen to your face as it makes your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. Either way ladies, you all should be using sunscreen every day regardless!!! This product retails for R220. Compared to the Dermalogica microfoliant that sells for R850, I'd say this is a beauty bargain!


3. Salon Skin 3-in-1 Cleansing Oil


My trusty Chamomile Cleansing Oil from The Body Shop had just finished and I was tempted into trying this one, even though I love the chamomile cleansing oil. I use cleansing oils to remove my makeup in the evenings, and not as my daily cleanser. Also, I always double cleanse at night - first with my cleansing oil to remove makeup, and then with my daily cleanser to remove any excess that didn't come off during the first cleanse. This cleansing oil was much thinner than TBS one and did remove my makeup. My skin did feel a little greasy after use, but it went away after my second cleanse. On the plus side though, it smells amazing! Just like the daily skin polish, it has a lovely lavender scent. 


4. Hydrating Face Masks


I have been using these sheet masks for some time now and LOVE them for my dry skin. It provides hydration like you wont believe! When it comes to my dry, dehydrated skin, this is the perfect pick-me-up that leaves my skin soft and moisturised. I use them at night and leave it on for about 18 minutes after which I remove the sheet mask and massage the left over serum into my skin and decolletage. For those of you who have oily skin or dont need to extra moisture, try out the other masks - they have one for every skin type!

Have any of you tried any of the Sorbet Skin Care products? 

Coffee Kisses,
N.

2 comments:

  1. How is the Pore Your Heart Out doing?
    Are you still using it?
    I bought it today as a gateway to the Clarisonic, my skin can be a bit funny so I want to make sure it works before I drop big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it! That's a good idea because you rather ensure that your skin reacts positively to facial brushes before buying one of the more pricey ones. The Foreo mini also looks like a good one to invest in. But i am quite fond of the Sorbet brush for now.

      Delete