Friday 20 February 2015

So Whipped - Coffee Shop Review


I'm not sure about you but I do love me some coffee to give that extra boost of energy during my shopping expeditions. So when I heard about the relatively new coffee shop, So Whipped, which opened a few months back in Gateway Theatre of Shopping, I was overly eager to catch up on some retail therapy and try out the coffee.




Situated near the wave house, I would say that their location is ideal as that area of the mall isn't in proximity to the bustle of noisy shoppers. It boasts a wide and spacious environment that allows customers to chat to one another freely. Moms can sip on their drinks whilst watching their kiddies play in the little play pen nearby.



Mr Charming (the other coffee lover) had been really impressed with the quality of service we received. We were greeted by a friendly young man who had taken our orders and gave us a detailed description of the particular blend they poured that day. The owner, Candice, bakes all the delicious desserts and cakes served at the coffee shop.

We decided on having a flat white each and I had to try out the vanilla custard cupcake! My oh my did I make the right call...it was one of those melt in your mouth, soft, moist, divine, good for your figure (hahaha) kind of cupcakes.  The coffee was to the T: the right temperature - on the warmer side rather than steaming hot, had a rather nutty taste with a slight big of sharpness in the aroma and was overall excellent without being too milky nor too strong. 



So Whipped pours Union Hand Roasted Coffee and the coffee that we had on that particular day was the Revolution coffee beans. The coffee beans are actually from London but are roasted in Cape Town.








How amazing do those Belgian Rich Chocolate cupcakes look above!? I regret not having one of those as well...But that means another visit to So Whipped is in order!!

I would highly recommend that you try out the cupcakes and a coffee the next time you pop into Gateway. The cheery faces, melt in your mouth cuppies and delicious savoury pastries served at So Whipped will brighten up any day!

Coffee Kisses,
N.

1 comment: